Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Coriolanus, Lemon Chicken Recipe, Jimmy Stewart

 How do you lose a sixteen-inch screw?
I gotta run money, gotta get up, it's the first of the month.
Throwing a hot dog in a hallway, you don't know where it goes.
Gorilla snot with a stitched catty backseam, but it's all about stockings.

Jimmy Stewart, in The Naked Spur, is how I want my son to be. He is a tragihero, but he gets the girl at the end, bullet-legged and all.

My lemon chicken has reached perfection. The secret, my friends, is to add the chopped dill and rosemary when the chicken has a small pink spot in its middle. Then you flip it and let it fry for, say, two minutes.

Sometimes Daniel Adler just don’t feel like biking seven mile, especially when he wake up real dehydrated, and it’s lightly snowing. Better to just read on the subway,
Why did you wish me milder? Would you have me false to my nature? Rather say I play the man I am, Coriolanus, III.ii.14-16.
Shaw said that this tragedy is Shakespeare’s best comedy. I did a Drunk History of it last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment