Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A View From Afar

This is pushing it, but hey, that's what I do.

Top Notch Care Company

I’ve got to be honest. I know some of you may think that I’m sick, that I should enjoy being mobile while I can, but seriously, enough of disclaimers: I really admire power wheelchairs. I mean manual wheelchairs are great and all, but for those folks who have difficulty with upper body strength and are in no shape to walk around, those power wheelchairs are pretty, pretty sweet.

I can just imagine it: wind blowing along my scalp, weaving in between pedestrians, maybe even cruising in the bike lane because, let’s face it, when your moving at 10 miles per hour or faster you can’t have old fogies with knee walkers and rolling walkers or young whippersnappers with backpacks getting in your way. If you want mobility, and I mean real mobility, then power wheelchairs are the only way to go.

It’s not that I don’t value my own legs; believe me, I do. It’s just that if I am ever at the point where I need a manual wheelchair, I will decline it in favor of a fast moving power wheelchair. That is my ideal way to get around when I am enjoying my golden years.


This is a pretty good example of post - postmodernism, but stick around for posts this week that will demonstrate in full what I mean by this abstruse theoretical term, and will attempt to give it a better name.

No comments:

Post a Comment