Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Jimmy B: King of the Highway



Howdy y’all, it’s the cargo securement king, Jimmy B. I done some driving out west lately. Reckon I got some good load securement stories for y’all this week.

Now when a man is trucking 12 hours a day, Lord knows he could use a drink when he finally pulls over. I got a few favorite waterin’ holes around this great big country. I was at one way out west in Oregon with a nice frother and some famous Tad’s Chicken and Dumplins. Mighty tasty after a day on the road, when alluva sudden a pretty little mama comes a walking on in there. She recognized that there was a boy from out of town with that truck out there. Now I’d never seen her before but she sure was a perty one – real nice gams, and a tight little body, with some really great…teeth. So she takes a look at me, sizing me up, and asks me, “Hey big boy, what do you use for your truck tie downs with a load like that?”
And I said, “Why’s that darling? Lookin for a transport service? Or you just interested in rachet straps and truck tie downs?”
She replied, “Well, quite frankly, I just like to compare rachet straps from boys around the country. I’ve seen some real sturdy ones in my time.”She smiled.

Heheh. To that I tipped my hat and paid my bill. I know a woman’s trouble when I see her – load securement knowledge or no.

No comments:

Post a Comment