Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm Gonna Love Like Jesus

 I've been thinking a lot about love lately. Both the personal microtial sense of man and woman, or friend and friend, and about the macro level of loving all of humanity. Like Jesus.

I'm gonna be like Jesus. If I can love like an ubermensch and give my love to everyone, let it flow from my arms when I walk down the street, or into a cafe, or when I encounter the stares of a full subway car, I will become incredibly powerful. Just letting everyone feel my energy, know that I love them, no matter their color, size or even how the look at me, just meet their energy with unconditional love, the way you'd love your parents or your best friend, shoot it at them, so that they know they can tell me their problems if they wanted to - that is how I will love.

I mean that's the way Jesus did and people still follow his practices two thousand years later. He was the best lover who ever was. As Matthew pointed out, that's what Christianity implies when they say that God is in you. That's why Catholics eat the body and drink the blood of their savior, to get closer to him.

It's going to take practice. Lots of practice. But like writing, I'll get better the more I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment