Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Look Out Kid, Metrosexuals

Look out kid, it's something you did. A man in a coon skin cap wants eleven dollar bills, you only got ten.

Look out kid, don't matter what you did.

Look out kid, you gon' get hit.

Look out kid, they keep it all hid.

Look out kid, you gon' get lit.

Look out kid, you gonna hit it big.

Look out kid, you're wearing sandals he's wearin flip-flops, walk forward, turn back look how his hips pop.

Look out kid, is it something you did?

Look out kid, you're gonna keep writing free verse Bob Dylan lyrics until someone turns his nose up and recognizes what's up.

Is  the term "metrosexual" passe? I wish I knew how to make accents in my typing strategy, but alas. We were talking about it in the (I've really wanted to link to) The McKibbin Lofts and couldn't decide. I think the incorporation of new "buzzwords" into the lexicon allows for fewer to be retained, and a more prevalent slang. So that if you wrote colloquially, it would become more difficult to read in a hundred years, and I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing. What do you think? Please comment in my Disqus box, no one ever does.

No comments:

Post a Comment