Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

PB 'n' J 'n NYC

I eat PB 'n' J every day at my desk in Brooklyn, New York. Sometimes I'll blog while I'm eating it, or social bookmark, or read the New York Times.

The bread, for the sake of variation, is changed loaf by loaf. Right now, I have two slices of Potato Bread, but this is aberrant; tomorrow I will buy a fresh loaf of whole wheat/oat bran medley.

The Peanut Butter must be natural with or without salt added, but processed peanut butter is really nasty. Once, when I was in college, I bought the peanut butter and jelly in a jar combo, thinking it would save me time (because I was really busy smoking weed and reading Denise Levertov). It was a bad idea.

The preserves must be 100% fruit, or at least close to it. Jam has corn syrup and jelly has all kinds of nitrites and other shit in it.

I don't mess with organic milk because I'm a lowly writer, but I dig the 1%. You cannot drink anything else with PB n' J. If you do or try to deny me, I won't be your friend. I buy it by the half gallon and drink it from the carton. By Friday I'm usually running low, but it's a Friday so it's okay.

It's healthy and sweet, packed with protein and omega-3s and vitamins. I love my PB 'n' J with milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment