Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Speaking Engrish

When I visited China in 2006, I was appalled at what they ate. Speaking no Chinese did not help the situation, and for our first dinner, I was able to physically communicate that I enjoyed chicken. I was brought a steaming tray of chicken paw.

Needless to say, there are many other differences that separate east and west. Toilets, subjugation of women, and most obviously, language. Here are some of the worst malapropisms popping up in China these days.

                                                            Mmm…thirst quenching.

Some of these signs could pass for avant garde art.

No comments:

Post a Comment