Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cyber-Spatial Points of Reference

I am indebted to Guillermo Creus for this project. When Jameson defined postmodernism he wrote, “The political form of postmodernism, if there ever is any will have as its vocation the invention and projection of a global cognitive mapping, on a social as well as a political scale” (54). Obviously, this is the internet, whose social mapping manifestations are evident in sites like facebook and myspace, and whose political manifestations are evident through the election of the current American president. This poem delimits my spatial coordinates over the past six months in a post postmodern manner:


If you don't weed your garden, you'll have a garden full of weeds.
Being taken to the river; eppin' around equals lone star.
Partying in austin! I'm a man.
Thanks y'all for the b-day wishes.
Back from campin'; le rouge et le noir.
“Away” for the weekend, infinite jest.
Just don't know what to do with myself, bada bing bada, using skaterade: god we're ep.
New York city: my gorilla is my butler.
Papapa; crabcakes n golf on the island is exceptional.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight.
There's no better reward for a job well done than a savory lamb gyro.
Come to Dtox on 2nd and 2nd tonite for free drinks!!!
Bossin' latin is a great white shark.
Yanks world series champs.
Grubbin is going to Longuyland.
Smells a rat(tail).
Dreams are disasters when drugs are your master.
Errybody love bacon.
Hearken, and hammer day and night.
Hovercraftin drinkin salsa.
If crazy was money, I'd be a millionare.
Cure for hickups: 9 sips of water.
American pie: if all the year were playing holidays, to sport would be as tedious as to work.
Fried turkey, dos equis, and jose. Getting blacked in manhat w midlug. I'm artfucking montrose.
If I were a sea creature, a narwhal I'd be.
PDX infiltrates NYC in the a.m. This week is the culmination of my educational career.
Gotta love longjohns. You don't have to be jewish to eat chinese food on christmas eve.
Riding a coda deck and taking an infinite jest tour into boston and the heart of Qubecois rebellion: ol' Montreal.
Spaghetti with epsauce.
Finite jest.
Excitation!!
It's gonna be wild and I'm gonna be crazy.
New York Writers Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment