Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's My Birthday and I'll Party If I Want To.

Daniel Adler : 21st Bday Pic.
I know some of you may be resentful of people like me, but I get what I want on my birthday. Not presents. I don't care anymore about material shit like that. But little things, like the music on the radio. What kind of wine we're having for dinner, etc.

I share the president's birthday, which is cool, because when I'm famous, Aug. 4th will be a birthday associated with great men.

And now that I'm 22, I'll be able to press on in life, and as a writer. When you're 21, you go into the bar and you're the youngest person there. People can still call you a baby. Same goes with 22, but for one, it's even; you feel a little more grounded during even years. And secondly, you' re a little bit older, closer to being at an age when you can make a splash. That means that you can expect more from my work, since I'm not a baby, and I have the extra experience that a year brings.

Anyway, I appreciate you following my thoughts on post postmodernism,  avant garde art, and high literature, and I look forward to getting better. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment