Where You Go When You Want to Think

This site has excerpts of my novel-in-progress, Hot Love on the Wing, as well as thoughts on post postmodernism, avant garde art, literature, music, and the community of artists in Bushwick and New York.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

GD


A post postmodern dialogue between some New York writers at The Archive:

“I'm going to start a blog. It's going to be called GD.”
“Like god damn?”
“No it stands for gonna die.”
“Ahh.”
“It's going to be short posts about fuckin' shit that makes you wanna die.”
“Like fml?” says Gio.
“What's fml?”
“Oh, fml started as a blog?!”
“Yea.”
“Wow, that really went viral. I have a 14 year old cousin who says that.”
“What's fml?”
“It's a blog about bad things happening to this guy. It stands for fuck my life.”
“That blog sucks,” says Peter.
“It's actually really addictive when you first get into it.”
“So the first post is “I just ate a hot dog with no bun.”
“Shouldn't you be done by now? Your idea has been taken. It's been done. It's over.”
“I only have three posts so far, but the-”
“It's over. You're done.”
"It's really over? GD."

The bald eagle was panting yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment